What We Do
Our offering is to provide you with quotes from local home improvement companies, as detailed in our website.
The Data We Collect
We do request personal information such as your name, address, postcode, telephone number, email address and company details if applicable which you can choose to provide when you either subscribe to Smart Home Improvement People e-mail updates or use our online services such as our contact forms.
We need to collect this information in order to put you in touch with local installers and fulfil our website offering. It also helps us personalise and deliver relevant, benefit-driven content in any update e-mails.
To provide our service we first explain in more detail how we use your personal information so that the consent you give us, which is detailed in the next paragraph, is fully and fairly informed.
You may seek further information about the scope of the consent as well as vary or withdraw your consent as outlined under the heading “What are my rights in relation to the personal data that you hold?”
We do not collect ‘sensitive data’ about you (as specified in Article 9 of the GDPR as data about ‘racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership’.)
We do not knowingly collect, process or share the Personal Data of children or minors, if you are under 18, please do not provide any personal information to us.
You do not have to provide us with any Personal Data if you do not want to, however we will be unable to get companies to contact you if you do not.
Use of Personal Data
If you submit your telephone number using our enquiry form we will contact you via phone and / or email to qualify your enquiry requirements. We use Leads 2 Trade or Price Engines to contact you and make reference to the website address that you registered your details on.
Once we have contacted you by telephone we may disclose, sell and share your information with third parties such as home improvement companies local to you who supply products or services of interest to you. You will be notified during the phone call that this is going to happen..
If we do not have a company in your area that can provide you with the products or services you are interested in we may pass your Personal Data on to an affiliate company that provides the same service as us in order to fulfil your enquiry requirements.
We will retain your Personal Data for up to 12 months from the date of submission or alternatively our last communication with you. The reasons we retain your Personal Data for this period are as follows:
- It may take us some time to contact you after you have made your enquiry.
- Once we have contacted you and we have put you in touch with companies, we may contact you by way of a courtesy call to ensure that your requirements have been met and to maintain the standards of the service we provide.
- The companies we put you in touch with will give you a quote which can be valid for up to 12 months. We may contact you during that time in order to monitor how the companies we work with are performing.
- Often, when people are collecting quotes for home improvements this is a first point of enquiry and the work will take place at some time in the future. We need to retain Personal Information in order to be able to contact you when you are ready to go ahead with the work.
You may not know it but under GDPR you have certain rights regarding your Personal Information. The rights that apply to the Personal Data we collect are as follows:
- The right of access – this means you have the right to know what Personal Data we hold about you. Upon request, we will provide this information to you free of charge within a reasonable amount of time.
- The right of rectification – if the Personal Data we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete you have the right to correct it or complete it.
- The right to erasure – sometimes known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ this means if you request us to do so, we will delete the Personal Data we hold about you.
- The right to restrict processing – this means that you can request for us to cease processing your data rather than deleting it.
- The right to data portability – this means if you request Personal Data from us we will provide it in a commonly used, machine readable form.
- The right to object – this means you can object to us processing your Personal Data if you do not believe it is in your interest.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you so wish.
If you would like to talk to us about any of your rights listed above please contact us using the below details.
Telephone: 0800 2461367
Post: Smart Home Improvement People Ltd Ltd 15 Lees Lane, Gosport, Hampshire, PO12 3UL